The most likely source of this panel would have been the Maryhill Engine Works at Lochburn Road, built in 1873 for Clarkson Brothers, later Clarkson and Becket. Possibly one of the brothers, John or James, is explaining to the workman with the spanner the requirements of the latest job. The details of the drawing he is holding have sadly faded and been lost. 

The building which housed this factory is still standing, and is still in use as an engineering works today - it's been the home of Craig & Buchanan since 1926.

1 Comment