Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust is committed to collecting and making accessible the history of the Burgh Halls and Maryhill area. After 6 years of public events and building up the Trust’s heritage collections, the Trust aims to take the next step in sharing local history by establishing the Maryhill Museum. The museum will be a place to share our local history collection and offer opportunities for community displays. Maryhill Museum will advance local access to facilities in arts, heritage and culture and engage with the local and wider community to safeguard and celebrate Maryhill's history.
We'd love for you to get involved!
Are you local to Maryhill or the surrounding area and interested in getting involved in an exciting new heritage and culture project? Become an ambassador for the Maryhill Museum and have your say in the development of a new local museum.
- Meet 4 times a year with like-minded people in either our families panel, young people's panel (16-24) or community panel (25+).
- Have your say in an exciting new local project by participating in a series of workshops.
- Develop heritage industry skills.
- Improve your confidence and communication skills.
- Free invitation to special museum events.
- Receive special offers at our onsite café - The Honey Bee and the Hare.
Refreshments during workshops will be provided.
Dates and times for workshops will be confirmed once availability of Ambassadors are confirmed.
If you'd like to find out more or become a Maryhill Museum Ambassador please email email@example.com or call 0141 948 0700 to speak to Nicola, our Heritage Manager.